Padlet has been around for a while, but it continues to stay relevant and remains one of the tools I always come back to, especially if I am using a student-facing lesson like a Hyperdoc in my instructional practices.
A few days ago they did a magical update – proving once again that this app is a powerful amplifier of teaching and learning in the classroom!
Here is what is new and great about this dependable and time-tested app:
- You can record a video or voice note right in the app. This gives the teacher the ability to leave a video prompt or have students leave video responses. While there are many apps that do this – and do it well – this is just another way you can add creativity and creation to your Padlet. This example comes straight from the Padlet blog.
- Comments just got more powerful. You can now add likes, vote a response up or down, and giving student the ability to see which responses are the most compelling.
- You can add drawings, add a map or add a link from Google Docs! Although not all of these options are part of the new update, this treasure chest of choices is hidden under the three dots and made me jump for joy when I discovered it.
- The Dashboard is more visual and less cluttered – which is such a great way to keep teachers happy!
- Amazing Exit Tickets – While these are some of the new updates…I believe that Padlet remains one of the top of the ways to gather Exit Tickets whether from a students mobile device or the computer in your classroom.
Padlet is featured in The Google Infused Classroom and is an important addition to any teachers tool belt of tricks!